Saturday, January 08, 2005

 

SEO Blogging Spam

This microsite is a catalog of instances of Blogging Spam I've discovered. By this I mean sites I came upon through clicking the "next blog" link at the top of random blogs.

It's spam because these blogs are intended to increase the number of links each of the "bloggers" has to his website, thus duping google into thinking their site is more popular/relevant to certain search terms.

I think these posts are likely done with some kind of application as in the case of one of these sites the posts were done hourly.

As a practice I think this is a pretty risky.

This is not an indictment of this particular practice, merely a catalog, because I find these spam sites interesting for some reason.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?